8 Signs you Need New Tyres The general rule of thumb is that your tyres need to be replaced every 6 years. However, this may vary depending on the driving you do, the climate you live in and the wear and age of your tyres.
Safety should always be your number one concern when it comes to tyres. Luckily, there are a few ways to tell if your tyres are safe to drive.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the 8 most common indicators for new tyres.
8 Signs of Tyre Wear and Tear
The good news is, there are plenty of telltale signs that your tyres need to be replaced. Here are a few of the most common ones:
- Your tyres are worn down to the point where the tread depth is less than 1.6mm.
- The tyre sidewalls are cracked or damaged.
- The tyres are over six years old.
- You experience excessive tyre wear.
- Your car pulls to one side when you drive.
- You have difficulty steering.
- Your car doesn’t handle well in wet weather.
- There’s uneven wear across the tyre.
If you’re not sure, it’s always best to get your tyres checked by a professional. They’ll be able to tell you if they’re still safe to drive on, and if not, will recommend the right replacement tyres for your car.
Article: How to find age of tyres.
If you’re not sure whether your tyres need to be replaced, or if you have any other questions about tyres, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with our team. We’d be happy to help!
Find the best deal on New Tyres with Auto Hero.
Auto Hero makes it easy for you to compare tyre prices from local tyre stores.
Here’s how we do it.
1. Submit a quote request for tyres below.
2. Local tyre stores will reply and bid for your work
3. You pick the deal that best suits your needs